On Wednesday night Bam and Chris stayed late at the workshop to give me a hand with the Nugget. The aim of the evening was to get the car running, it’s been started before, about 12months ago.
**Turn the key** the starter tried to start the engine with no luck. Let the problem solving being.
Bam diagnosed the problem as fuel pump related. After a bit more investigation Bam found the pump was getting power meaning one thing. The pump was poked. After pulling the pump out of the tank it became apparent why, glorious gold rust. I think I know the reason why the tank got so rusty, before I bought the car it was left in a shed for who knows how long with hardly any fuel, this has caused the fuel pump, cage, and tank to get very rusty.
Things I learnt
- Long term storage of your car isn’t good for it. Take the correct precations
- A Walbro 500hp fuel pump will plug straight into the factory Mitsubishi fuel pump wiring
Here is my updated to-do list.
- Install rear 1/4 windows
- Install roof strips
Install rear seats Install rear seat belts
- Fabricate exhaust
- Power steering belt
- Replace the fuel level sender
Replace the fuel pump
- Fit new solenoid to passengers door
- Hook up A/C wire
- Find and fit awesome steering wheel
- Find, fit and paint EVO 3 Side Skirts
- Stereo, if we get that far
- Oil pressure warning light
Crazy indicator problem