Project destine to fail is moving along surprisingly well, I think it’s Genevieve’s influence. I’ve sanded down my frame, fork and handle bar ready for paint. Bam gave G a hand to grind off her front brake mount and her stand mount as they will no longer be needed. I did mine myself cos I’m a big boy, managed to keep all my limbs too, bonus.
Choosing the colour was a bit of a hard decision, I’ve gone from a flat grey, to a bright solid blue only to end up on “Morpheus” a purple found on the VE Holden Commodores (Thanks Brendon Foot for the paint code). After choosing a colour Genevieve and I took a trip down to Total Body Shop where Kelvin mixed up our colours (G went for Wasabi Green) My mate Bruce has kindly offered to throw the paint at it. Shot Bruce.
Trying to keep this momentum going, I’ve been on the hunt for some choice BMX parts to complement my purple base. Which lead me to find this BMX concept/virtual customization tool.
To help us through the mine field that is bike building we went to see Cam at Cycle Science and he is filling in all the gaps in our BMX knowledge. The guy even has a wee dude doing a superman tattooed on his arm, so he must be legit. At the moment I’m kind of aiming for this,